Spring 2016 is here! And in honor of our newest collections, we went to one of the places that equally appreciates a pair of jeans as much as we do - the American Rag Denim Bar in Los Angeles, CA. The night was full of Glenlivet drinks, seemingly endless rows of the finest denim, and killer tunes that brought the whole thing together by Atlas Genius.
Not only did we have the pleasure of having the Australian based indie band join us in playing a set of some of their number one singles but we also had the privilege of sitting down with them to dig a little deeper into the inspiration behind their music. The reason they found themselves in the industry, and most importantly, their biggest denim regret. Continue reading below to learn more about Atlas Genius as part of our What’s Your PuRPoSe? series.
- Where do you derive your inspiration from?
From the extraordinary, the mundane, love, heartbreak, and good scotch whiskey.
- What lead you to your industry?
A profound love for music and the culture that surrounds it.
- Do you have a motto or quote you live by?
You haven’t failed until you quit trying.
- What is your creative process?
It’s the process of trial and error. It’s a process that invocles having a vision, running towards that, and falling into a bunch of potholes along the way. Then, sometimes you fall down a hole that takes you into an even better world. Those are the great moments.
- Is there one muse you are constantly inspired by?
No. Our tastes are always evolving.
- Best advice you’ve been given?
Believe in yourself because very few others will.
- Biggest accomplishment as a band so far?
Meeting Sir Paul McCartney
- Best and worst thing about working with your brother?
Worst thing: he’s my brother. Best thing: he’s my brother.
- If you could compile your dream lineup for a show, who would it include?
Calude Debussy, Beck, Joywave, The Royal Concept, The Neighbourhood, LCD Soundsystem
- If you were a pair of jeans, what would your tag say?
- What is your biggest denim regret?
Washing my raws.